Detailed job description:
Please review our job description, fill out the basic form and upload your resume in an acceptable format (PDF. or Doc.)
Job Title: Supply Chain Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Employment Type: Full-Time
Directs and coordinates the activities of personnel engaged in purchasing raw materials, scheduling of fabrication operations, customer interfacing via inside sales representatives, personnel responsible for inventory control, warehousing and logistics. Leads sourcing activities to identify and establish relationships with suppliers. Develops key vendor relationships to support collaborative and partnering initiatives. Responsible for the implementation of all policies, practices, and procedures pertaining to supply chain personnel. Supervises the issuance of all purchase orders, insuring the inclusion of required specifications, prices, terms and conditions by performing the duties personally or through assistant personnel. Responsible for the coordination, sequencing, capacity analysis and execution of production schedules in manufacturing including Sales & Operations (S&OP) planning to detailed production planning, execution and control. Also responsible for coordinating with direct and indirect inside sales management regarding customer contact in all areas relating to inquiries, orders, scheduling, delivery or other customer issues and other supply chain related questions.
- Design and implement improvements to Supply Chain to support the growth and customer go-to-market strategies. Improve responsiveness to customers and reduce operating expenses and working capital.
- Proactively engage in the personal growth of Supply Chain team members. Ensure effective leadership, staffing, skill sets and training to meet team goals and evolving business needs.
- Develop inventory management strategies and programs to ensure maximum inventory turns, best price, high quality and consistent support to just in time style manufacturing and high availability aftermarket.
- Mentor, develop and provide training to drive process standardization and rigor in all planning and materials management activities.
- Work with key members of the supply chain, new product development, engineering, manufacturing and other key functional areas of the business. Develop and contribute to the S&OP processes/metrics, guidelines and policies
- Drive relentless focus and organizational execution on following key supply base metrics: Delivery (OTD), Inventory (DOI), Supplier Quality (PPM), Cost (Material Savings)
- Manage the day-to-day Supply Chain and Materials Management functions to achieve key metrics – on time, at planned cost and quality
- Collaborate with Operations to develop and execute Make/Buy strategies
- Drive and ensure suppliers are held accountable for meeting continuous improvement initiatives including lead time reduction, flexibility to schedules, quality improvement & inventory reduction (entire supply chain), in conjunction with Platform and divisional Strategic Sourcing Functions
- Manage the operational logistics function including import/export
- Maintain the professional atmosphere and capability of the department. Enforce the highest ethical standards.
- Five or more years of experience in materials management; manufacturing or packaging industry experience is helpful.
- Experience with Epicor is helpful.
- Able to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, fractions, etc.
- Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from senior management, other managers, employees, customers, vendors, and others.
- Willingness to work additional hours as needed to maintain departmental flexibility in achieving Company goals and customer satisfaction.
Tool or Equipment to be Used:
- Operate a telephone, calculator, photocopy, and fax machine
- Operate a PC terminal
- Ability to use MS-Word, Excel and PowerPoint software
- Ability to use software related to Parts Room operations
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, or crouch.The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.Flexible to work evenings, weekends or holidays as required.
Work Environment:The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is typical of a metal manufacturing area.
I have read and understand this job description.While this job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not limit or restrict the tasks that may be assigned, nor does it limit the Company’s ability to modify or change this job description, as it deems appropriate.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.